Happy New Year 2019 to everyone!
I wish you all the best for this new year. I hope 2019 will bring you smiles, laughing, traveling, fun, will let you stay healthy and have great moments with your beloved ones.
I imagine that, like most of us, you may have taken some resolutions for 2019. I did… And I do it every year! The secret is to stick to them long enough so each of them become a habit. From what I’ve heard, you need approximately 30 days to form a new habit and it then takes 90 days to transform it into a lifestyle. In other words, you do something for 90 days again and again, and it becomes part of the way you live and you don’t have to force it anymore. That sounds great no?!
In theory, yes! But unfortunately, 90 days is also a long time… It can sometimes be hard to keep the motivation this long! Most of us won’t get to the end of this period and the resolution will sink in the oblivion… until next year! Like some of my resolutions from last year for instance!
Anyway, this is my goal every year… Get at least one of my resolutions to become part of my lifestyle or at least a habit. Of course, I have fails as well (big epic fails I must admit), like everyone. But this year, I’m more motivated than ever and I chose resolutions that counts for me. I’m positive that this year will be a good year to keep resolutions!
New Year – New resolutions!
So now, let’s talk about these resolutions!Here is my list of resolutions for 2019:
- Travel more to visit family & friends, but also to discover new places. On my list, I count at the very least: Lille, Madrid, Stuttgart, Paris, Sardinia, Lisbon, Porto and eventually some additional destinations (still surprises to myself at this stage)
- Read and watch the news more often. I have found it very difficult lately to find time to check the news, so I want to work on finding the time (and on finding a way) to read newspapers or watch the news more often.
- Do more exercise at home to get fitter and more flexible. I lamentably failed with my resolution of last year to subscribe to the gym (good record of one month and a half though! Just kidding… That’s bad.), so I want to give a go to home exercise. This one will be a hard one to do and I’ll probably have to fight with myself a lot to get it done! But well… new year, new resolutions, right? So let’s go for it!
- Do more productive activities during my free time. I used to watch Netflix when I had a free afternoon on the weekend or a free evening. This was fun… but I feel like I am wasting a bit my time and I could be more productive. I don’t say I should quit Netflix at all, but now, what about watching Netflix, WHILE doing something else. For instance, drawing, blogging or anything else which would bring me this little something that I’m looking for! I also want to spend more time doing photography as the weather will get better and better from now on.
- Learn Portuguese and Spanish. I started both, I got confused, I stopped both… This was my big epic fail from last year (OK… another one on top of the gym). As I’m definitely not a quitter, I want to give it another go. I’ll have to change the method, practice with people from the country itself and put some more efforts into it, but I really want to achieve this somehow. I still need to work on a plan for this. I also need to practice my German again, as I used to be fluent and now I feel like I’m losing it.
- I used to read a lot, I mean a LOT. I had a huge amount of books at home, I was always buying new ones or getting them from my grandparents’ house. I was reading a book every single evening before going to sleep, while traveling or just in the park. There was nothing more relaxing and I loved (and still love) the way it was letting me imagine all kind of adventures and stories. I miss that a lot. I don’t have many books in my new (temporary) home, among others, because I know I will move again… Soon or not, I don’t know, but I can’t have the same collection of books if I move soon. But I want to start reading again. Maybe by investing in a reader or by reading stuff online. In any case, I want to get back to it for sure. I miss my little bubble.
- Cooking for my lunch at work at least 4 days a week. I have done it in the past and I know it helped me save a lot of money. So far so good, so I hope to keep it that way! It also gives you the opportunity to create different lunches every day for a bit of fun and variety! As I love cooking, this is not the resolution I’m the most worried about as you can imagine!
This would be it! 7 resolutions for 2019 (7 is my lucky number so I have a good feeling about this!). I think I will manage to keep at least 5 or 6 of them. The motivation is here so it should work. Let’s do this! Stop talking and start doing! Walt Disney said it and I decided that it’s going to be my motto for the year! Yihaaaa!
What about you?
Do you have any resolution for 2019?