It’s been a while since I posted my last recipe! As I also like to share with you recipes that help reduce food waste, I thought this recipe would be perfect.
In my French toast recipe, I was showing you how to avoid bread waste, now, it’s time to stop wasting bananas! Therefore, I have a banana bread recipe for you!
If you didn’t know what to do with your overripe bananas, you just found the solution! Believe me when I say, that it doesn’t matter if your banana has big black stains outside, you can still use them. Here is how.
Banana bread recipe
– 250g flour
– 60g sugar
– 80g butter
– 3 eggs
– 1 pack of baking powder
– 2 (over)ripe bananas
– 1 pinch of salt
You have the possibility to add nuts or spices if you like! (for instance: cinnamon, walnuts or even chocolate chips).
The banana bread recipe
1. Crush the bananas in a big bowl to get a purée. You can use a whisk or a fork.
2. Add the eggs and the sugar, and mix until you get a homogenous mix.
3. While mixing, add the flour little by little to avoid any lumps.
4. Add the melting butter and finally the baking powder. Mix one last time energetically.
5. Bake 45 minutes at 180°C in a buttered and floured baking pan (or use baking paper for your baking pan).
You can add your extra spices or nuts after step 4. Chocolate chips are probably my favorite option but of course, that’s up to you!
I hope this recipe will useful to some of you and will help reduce banana waste. So please, do not hesitate to share it!
And you, how do you use overripe bananas?
Share your tips with us!
Related topic: French toast recipe – No more bread waste!