This recipe is my backup recipe for lazy days… You know… The kind of days when you just think: “OK, let’s prepare something yummy, but quick and easy”. Well, this is my favorite “lazy day recipe”. And why would you order it on Deliveroo, when you can make it yourself, which makes it even yummier?! Homemade is better!
Ingredients needed for your homemade fried rice
Count 35 minutes to make your fried rice.
You will need (for 2 people):
– 1 carrot
– 200g of basmati rice
– 100g shredded iceberg lettuce
– 2 eggs
– 400g of chicken
– soya sauce (as much as you want!)
– 1 onion
– olive oil
– salt and pepper
How to make a homemade fried rice?
1. Cut your onion into small pieces.
2. Repeat with the carrots, the lettuce (if you don’t buy it shredded already) and the chicken.
3. Fry the onion pieces and the carrot pieces in a pan with some olive oil.
4. Start cooking your rice in a separate pan.
5. When the carrots are half cooked (or half fried should I say), add the chicken pieces.
6. In a third pan, cook the eggs as an omelet (in parallel).
7. Once cooked, take the omelet out of the fire and cut it into small pieces.
8. Once the chicken, carrots and onion are cooked, add the omelet pieces, the cooked rice and the iceberg lettuce in the pan.
9. Add the soya sauce (I personally add 5 tablespoons of soya sauce) and let it cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
And… Dinner’s ready!
Note: The good thing about fried rice is that you can add a lot of different things to it. So if you want to add tofu, bean sprouts or shrimps to the above recipe, please feel welcome to do so 😉 You might need to add more soya sauce, so it doesn’t get too dry.
And you, what is in your favorite fried rice?!
Related subject: How to make risotto?