Imagine that a few friends of yours just rang at your door spontaneously… Yes, just like that! Just to say hi! Of course, you would let them in, make them feel welcome and offer them drinks, right? What if I tell you that I have a recipe that could help? I can propose you a classic little snack quick to prepare, so you can share with your guests! Ahhhh, that sounds interesting, right?!
Well, this snack is simply: Guacamole and Nachos
Ingredients needed to make your nachos
Count 10 minutes for the preparation for the guacamole and 10 minutes to make the nachos (count a few minutes in the oven to melt the cheese).
For the guacamole, you will need:
– 1 ripped avocado (the one from Waitrose are the best! Ripped and creamy!)
– a half red onion
– 1 tomato
– 3 soup spoons of lemon
For the nachos, you will need:
– 1 pack of nachos (or Doritos depending on your taste)
– grated cheese
– Grilled chicken (in pieces)
– Cherry tomatoes
– Sour chicken
– chorizo (in pieces)
How do you make nachos: instructions
Before you even start, preheat your oven to 180°C.
1. Put the nachos in a big plate (which you can put in the oven), add the chicken in pieces, the chorizo in pieces and sprinkle cheese on top of the nachos.
2. Put the plate in the oven for a few minutes for the cheese to melt (it shouldn’t be more than 5 to 10 minutes).
3. In the meantime, you can start preparing your guacamole. Cut the avocado in 2, remove the pit and blend it until you obtain a mousse.
4. Cut the tomato and the half red onion into small pieces.
5. Add the tomato and red onion pieces to the avocado mousse.
6. Add the lemon, salt and pepper as per your taste and mix one last time.
7. Get the plate of nachos out of the oven as soon as the cheese melted. Add some sour cream and guacamole on top of the nachos and put the rest of the guacamole in a little container to serve to your guests as a dip.
8. Add the pieces of chicken and the chorizo on top.
Note: The good thing with nachos is that you can personalize them easily. In this case, you can of course also add cut tomatoes, avocado pieces, salsa or anything else you would like.
Tadaaaa! You have nachos with dips to serve! A really quick and yummy snack perfect to share! It’s a really basic and simple idea, that works every time! Always successful and really appreciated by people 😉
What are your favorite snacks to serve, when having guests?
Related topic: Sweet potatoes and feta quesadillas recipe