Oh yes… Just the name of it, and you’re almost tasting it in your mouth already!
Don’t worry, I got your back! Recipe below! (You’re welcome)
Count 15 minutes for the preparation and 1.5 hours of rest in the fridge (and 2 minutes to eat it).
Ingredients for your chocolate mousse recipe
You will need:
– 200g of dark chocolate
– 8 eggs
– 2 tablespoons of cream (or 5cl to 10cl of milk depending on your taste)
– Optional: a few drops of Vanilla or a teaspoon of coffee
Recipe of my easy chocolate mousse
1. Separate the egg whites and the egg yolks.
2. Whip the egg whites until you get a firm texture (if you turn the bowl over, the eggs shouldn’t fall… theoretically! So be careful if you try this out!)
3. In parallel, melt the chocolate
4. If you choose to use milk (instead of cream) or any of the optional aromas), add them to the melted chocolate.
5. You can add the egg yolks at this stage if you wish to use them (depending on your taste as well). I personally don’t add them, as I feel like the mousse is heavier in the stomach if I do.
6. Add the chocolate to the whipped egg whites and delicately mix to obtain a homogenous mousse. You can now either leave the mousse in the big bowl or put it in different smaller glasses.
7. Put the bowl (or the glasses) in the refrigerator for one or two hours. (By experience, I personally advise 2 hours for a big bowl; one hour would be enough for the individual glasses).
You can then add your little touch! I always add some cookies and/or almonds. But that’s your call of course 😉
And you, what would you serve the mousse with?!
Related topic: My easy yummy chocolate cake recipe