Pancakes or what I call French crêpes are much easier to make than what people actually think. The preparation time is really quick, but it takes a bit more time to make them (unless you have the multi-crêpes party machine).
Ingredient for the pancakes
Count 15 minutes to prepare the batter, 1 hour to rest the batter (optional) and 30 to 45 minutes to prepare the crêpes/pancake.
You will need:
– 250g of flour
– 4 eggs
– 1/2L of milk
– 1 spoon of melted butter (or sunflower oil)
– 1 packet of vanilla sugar (optional)
– 2 spoons of Rhum (optional)
The 2 last ingredients are optional: you can choose to use one of them to give a small extra yummy taste or choose not to use them at all (for instance when you also want to serve your crêpes salty).
How to make pancakes?
How to prepare your crêpes:
1. In a big bowl, put the flour and the 4 eggs and mixed as much as you can to avoid any lumps.
2. Add the milk little by little and mix in between.
3. Once you’ve added all the milk, you can add the butter and the optional ingredient if you chose to use one.
4. If you decide to let the batter rest, put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
Now it’s time to impress your friends! A nut of butter in the pan, medium heat and here you go!
Don’t worry if the first 1 or 2 crêpes don’t look amazing, it’s completely normal. Don’t use too much batter for the crêpes for them to be thin.
You can then serve your crêpes with sweet food like jam, sugar, Nutella, honey and lemon, caramel, chocolate, fruit (bananas, strawberries…) or also salty! For the salty options, you can add cheese, ham and mustard, sausage with ketchup, tomatoes, a fried egg, etc.
And here you go! This is how you make pancakes! Now it’s time to invite your friends to come over for a crêpes/pancakes party!
What is your favorite topping on pancakes?
Enjoy your crêpes/pancakes!!!
Related topic: How to make waffles? (Classic waffles recipe)