You’re bored at home on a Sunday afternoon, and it’s raining like hell?
That sounds like you need some chocolaty treats… (it also works if you just want an evening treat!)
For all aspiring bakers (and/or food lovers), I have something really easy to prepare for you, and I’m pretty sure you’ll love it! You can either use this easy recipe for a normal size cake or to prepare mini individual cakes! The recipe would be the same, the only difference would be the cooking time, which would be shorter for the mini chocolate cakes.
So easy, so quick but so yummy, I have no doubts that you will be asked for this recipe, like I have.
Ingredients for the chocolate cake recipe
Count 15 minutes for the preparation and 25 minutes at 180°C for the baking for a normal size cake, only 10 minutes for the mini cakes.
You will need:
– 200g of dark chocolate
– 2 cups of sugar (coffee cups), or less depending on your taste
– 1 cup of white flour
– 3 eggs
– 150g of butter
Instruction of my easy chocolate cake recipe
Before you even start, preheat your oven to 180°C.
1. Mix the eggs, the flour and the sugar in a bowl, until the mix becomes “white”.
2. Melt the chocolate in a pan.
3. Remove from the heat and add the butter to the chocolate.
4. Add the mix chocolate + butter to the eggs and sugar and mix.
5. Put the mixture in a buttered and floured mold for mini cakes (OR a normal cake mold if you prefer a big chocolate cake).
6. Bake 10 minutes at 180°C for the minis, bake 25 minutes at 180°C for the normal size cake.
I strongly advise to serve it with some vanilla ice cream for dessert or just with a glass of milk if you take it as a snack 😉 You can also use fruits for the decoration!
Note: If you want to personalize the recipe of my chocolate cake, feel free! It is as easy as adding coconut flakes, almonds, candies, peanuts butter on top of the cake before to put it in the oven. I tried with almonds and it was awesome!
How would you serve this cake?!
Related topic: Yogurt cake recipe: a piece of cake!